Breweries "Visited"

Friday, February 3, 2012

Beer 55: Dark Horse Perkulator or Hell Yeah iPod

Sampling of what iPod is rocking as I type:

The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) by Missy Elliott

Iesha by Another Bad Creation

Too Little Jesus by Drive By Truckers

(skipped a Christmas song)

Garden Grove by Sublime

Everyone's in Love with You by David Byrne

Dialogue Box by David Byrne

***

Our plans for Super Saturday at Teresa's Next Door were crushed with G's trip to Seattle but in a most fortunate turn of events, guess where we will be tomorrow?  Hell yeah. Teresa's Next Door.  We've been assured that it will be even crazier than the May Sours event which was quite ridiculous.  Nice.

Label contest winner courtesy of  Dark Horse's website

The Other Winner (also courtesy of Dark Horse)
Anyway let's forget about tomorrow when we have tonight.  (Written in my best Daniel Day Lewis Last of the Mohicans voice.)  Tonight we drink Dark Horse Brewery's Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock.  Where G shies away from beer that involves roasted, toasted, coffee, malts and burnt things, I seek them out with a vengeance.  And I was rewarded tonight.  The Perkulator poured opaque brown in my glass and had a thin tan head.  

It has a very strong coffee grounds scent.  Not fresh brewed coffee, but the grounds that are left hanging around after brewing said cup of coffee.  It drank with strong coffee flavors and some vanilla.  After it warmed slightly, I got more coffee bean flavor and more hops.  Quite tasty.  At 7.5% ABV, I could have another...but now I'm home and left to my well stocked beer shelf.  What to drink?  What to drink?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment