Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Beer 336: RJ Rockers Bell Ringer

This is a personal low. Two beers in one week that make me want to go yarf. I'm a big fan of the American strong ale. I like my beers big and flavorful. Sadly what's delivered in RJ Rockers Bell Ringer ale is a big beer (8.5% ABV) and confusing flavor.




It poured a light mahogany color with a light tan head that quickly fizzed away. The smell started things off on a positive note -- nice and earthy with some caramel malts. It all went south with the first sip. The alcohol is overwhelming. All I got was an astringent alcohol, not even a nice warm boozy alcohol. If I concentrated enough I could find some lovely bananas foster flavor in there but I was working hard to get there. I detected some orange flavor as well. Overall it was chalky, thin and entirely too boozy. This is a poor beer.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment