Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Some Silly Fun

Beer #354 Silly Scotch Ale / Brasserie de Silly, Silly, Belgium
Beers to go: 12

Long day of doing work and then spending the evening on one of my volunteer activities, so I'm just jumping right in.  After today, down to a dirty dozen more beers to the finish line.  Good times, good times.

Tonight I'm going with a beer that's been in our beer cellar for a while, the Scotch Ale from Brasserie de Silly.  This beer has a dark dark mahogany color and an off white head.  Your nose finds aromas of sweet malt and spice, and the taste brings you dark fruits, malt, caramel, honey, and raisins.  Once the beer warmed a bit, I picked up some cola flavors as well.  Not entirely what I was expecting, but this beer is actually quite good.  If you find a bottle, go ahead and pick one up.  Thank me later.
All the silly jokes!
The name of this brewery comes from the town of Silly in Belgium, not due to any funny business.  Despite me being fluent in Dutch, I don't think silly means anything different across the languages.  It has been in operation since 1850, so a good bit of history here as well.

Thing to Think About Today:
I'm running out of steam here, and I can't quite find the perfect thing to tie today's post together with.  Silly, laugh, funny.... fun?  Fine, let's go ahead and close out today with something fun: Japanese girl band 5 6 7 8's with their classic Woo Hoo, which you may recall from the Kill Bill movie soundtrack.  I defy you to listen to this and (1) not sing along and (2) not have fun.  My job here is done, peoples.  Good night.

"Woo hoo, woo-who-hooo"

No comments:

Post a Comment