Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Kick Me

Beer #355 Kick Back Ale / East Coast Beer Company, Point Pleasant, NJ
Beers to go: 11

After a nice and relaxing three day work week last week (really, 2.5 days), I'm currently having a hard time adjusting to the idea of a five day work week.  Just one more to go, and then the weekend is upon us.  Also important to note: due to football season ending, this weekend I'll get to sleep in my own bed and not have to drive in the car for extended periods of time.  While the lack of football makes me sad, that last sentence makes me feel much, much better.  On to the beer!

Tonight I'm reviewing Kick Back Ale, an amber from East Coast Beer Company.  This beer has an amber color and thin white head in the glass, and you pick up a floral, sweet aroma.  The taste has plenty of lemon and a decent amount of hops, all rounded out with some malt sweetness.  Not the greatest beer I've sampled to date, but definitely a tasty beer and worth a sample if you find it on draft or in bottles near you.

Just kickin' it....
This brewery started operations in 2009 and had their first beer ready to go in 2010.  To further prove that beer people are good people, they're donating money from each case sold to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.

Thing to Think About Today:
A beer to kick back with to me means we're wrapping up today with a song wondering about kicking it.  Or, more specifically, Can I Kick It?  A Tribe Called Quest, the floor is now yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment