Breweries "Visited"

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Jungle, The Jungle, The Brothers, The Brothers

Beer #328 Citra Blonde Summer Brew / Widmer Brothers Brewing, Portland, OR

Raise your hand if you're knocking on the door of being 90% done with your 365 craft beers from 365 craft breweries in 365 days adventure?

<looks around.... doesn't see anyone else with their hand raised>

Feeling good about the progress so far, but there are 37 more beers to go.  A lifetime in beer blogging years, really.  Speaking of lifetimes, it feels like this week took a lifetime to complete.  Surprising, considering that I only worked three and a half days this week.  I know you're in the same boat, I know you're tired, I know you're cranky, I know you're ready for the weekend.

Therefore, enough with the fluff - it's business time.  Tonight's beer is the Citra Blonde Summer Brew from Widmer Brothers, located in Portland.  Speaking of Portland, currently two friends of ours are wrapping up an extended vacation in Portland, and their pictures, tweets, and texts make me wish I was getting on a plane to head back to one of the greatest beer cities in the world tomorrow.  Anyway, this was a brewery we did not visit in Portland during the beer vacation back in June, mostly due to the fact it's distributed to the East Coast, and therefore wasn't a huge priority.  Still... would have been nice to visit them in person.

This beer has a clear, pale gold color with a slight white head.  The aroma is of lemon and hops, and when you take a sip, you get plenty of citrus and fruit, with subtle malt notes, and a dry bitter finish.  This is a light bodied beer, but still packs a ton of flavor.  Great beer, and I'm daydreaming about next summer as I write this one.
Sup, bro?
Widmer started back in 1979, when Kurt and Rob Widmer started home brewing.  A brewery followed in 1984, and the rest is history.  Yes, tonight's beer is a summer seasonal, but again let me say: good beer knows no season.

Thing to Think About Today:
In the spirit of the Widmer Brothers, I'm letting the Avett Brothers wrap up with Shame.  No shame in tonight's beer, no shame in my game.


"Shame. Boatloads of shame....."

No comments:

Post a Comment