Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Beer 337: Erie Brewing Derailed

This photo of Picasso pretty much sums up how I felt post PSU Nebraska game.




I'm not sure why the dog was moping around. He just had dinner and some outside time. Maybe he just sensed some sadness in the air.
I've been a loyal Penn State fan for years now. Too many to want to do the math, in fact. But my passion for this school and this football team has reached epic proportions this season. I'm so proud of this team. They are playing amazing football despite being punished for something they had nothing to do with. Coach O'Brien is inspirational. How one could willingly walk into this situation and do what he's done is amazing. I often find myself thinking about the coach and the team when I'm feeling put upon by work or life.
I think we can all find a little inspiration in the Nittany Lions this year. Let's all start playing with a little more passion...with a little more dedication...with a little more us against the world attitude. Imagine what an awesome place we could make it if we did.




And now for the beer -- the Derailed ale from the Erie Brewing Company. it pours a bright amber color with a soft white head. It smells of malt and ripe fruit. The Derailed ale is a cream ale with an ABV of 5%. So far it looks and sounds good.
The flavor is very natural tasting black cherry over a nice balanced ale. There isn't anything notable about the beer. It's just good. Nice mouthfeel. Good carbonation. Definitely has a creaminess to it. I like a good fruit beer and I'll be honest...I didn't think much of this cherry ale when I picked it up. But the very natural flavor has won me over. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment