Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Beer 355: What Would Mom Drink? Benediktiner Wheat Beer?

Back on November 4, I posed some questions about what I've learned during this adventure. I guess with a mere eleven beers to go, I better start coming up with some answers. 

Let's just rip this band-aid off and start with the hard question.  Has all this writing helped honor my Mom's memory?






I don't freaking know. I don't think she even liked beer. But seriously this woman never stopped encouraging me to pursue my dreams, even when my dreams seemed ridiculous for any number of reasons. You want to be a cheerleader? I'll drive you to practice everyday. You want to play tennis? Sure where do we buy a racket? You want to move to the suburbs of Philadelphia? Ok, just don't get shot. Mom never fully grasped how safe it is here, that I don't really live in Philadelphia and that the museum area where I work is quite safe. God rest her soul. You're going to buy a house with a guy that you aren't married to? When's the housewarming party? You're marrying that guy? Thank god because I really like him.

Fast forward to now and I have a feeling that she's sitting there thinking good job. Keep writing. It makes you happy.

Thanks, Mom.

Another question -- would she like tonight's beer?


It's the Weissbier from Benediktiner Weibrau in Germany. It's a hefeweizen with an ABV of 5%. It pours a deep, golden brown color with a full white head. It smells of lemons and wheat grains. The flavor is thick...wheat, general citrus and I would have said berries but I couldn't find them again. I may have hallucinated that part. Overall I think this is a good beer and I would totally share it with my Mom.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment