Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Beer 343: Netebuk, a Belgian Saison

What have you done by 7:00 a.m. this morning? I hit publish on this post and am now enjoying a Founders Cerise at the second to last PSU tailgate of the season. I'm also praying to god that I don't drop anything. Flexibility is close to zero since I'm wearing two full sets of long johns, jeans, two long sleeve t-shirts, a fleece and a jacket.

But alas I'm not writing about Founders. I did that back on March 3.. Instead you get the Netebuk -- a saison from Brouwerij 't Brouwkot (6.5% ABV).


Is there a difference between a Belgian saison and a saison from Belgium? I say to-may-toe. You say to-mah-toe.

The Netebuk poured a bright gold with a thin white head. The smell is strong fruit, not what I expected from a saison. The flavor is grass, light fruit, hops and a bit of wheat. There's also some light honey and the usual peppery spice. This is a good beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment