Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beer #24: Harpoon Cranberry Ale

After spending 95% of the past two weeks out of the office, I knew today was going to be a challenge.  Sitting behind a desk all day with my To Do List leering at me was exhausting and I am spent.  I figured I'd look to my Q&A a Day journal for some inspiration for the day and today's question made me even more tired:  What are you reading right now?

I'm currently attempting to read Life, the Keith Richards' biography and the Walter Isaacson biography of Steve Jobs.  Could I have selected two bigger books to attempt?  I would be more productive using them as free weights during my pilates/cardio workouts.  But as you may be surmising, I like to go big or go home.

***

Today's beer is Harpoon's Grateful Harvest Cranberry Ale.  I'm not sure how this beer even got in my fridge.  Typically I'm surprised by something acquired during the summer stockpiling beers for the blog.  But with a name that includes harvest and cranberry, I'm betting this is a more recent acquisition.  And I'll admit it's been a pleasant one so far.

Grateful Harvest is best described as a typical amber ale with a slightly darker color and, of course, the addition of a tart cranberry flavor.  I think it's better straight out of the bottle versus the pint glass I used.  There's something about the scent I don't like.  The cranberry flavor is not overpowering -- in fact, I could use a bit more cranberry.   Malts and cranberries -- now that's a Thanksgiving tradition I can support!

Sidebar:  Is anyone getting bounced out of these brewery websites for not entering a birthday that makes them 21 years or older?  I've found writing this blog and doing my research quite enjoyable minus the constant entering of my birthday.  What a silly, tedious task!

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment