Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beer 45: Bockor des Jacobins Rouge

No matter how terrible you feel, I double-dog dare you to listen to this, not sing along on the top of your lungs and finish with a smile on your face.  Not that I spent approximately three minutes of my evening commute doing just that...


Let's just leave it at I feel a lot more optimistic now than I did at 5:37pm.

***

cuvee des jacobins rouge
Photo courtesy of bockor.be
Tonight I'm sampling Bockor's des Jacobins Rouge.  I had to pull a photo from the brewery's website since I had this one from the tap at Teresa's Next Door.  It is a Flemish sour ale that pours with ruby highlights in the brown-color ale.  It poured with a loose two finger head that slowly faded away.  It had a whiff of funkiness from the yeast with some fruit scented undertones.  It was love at first sniff.  It drinks with a fantastic tartness - specifically tart cherry.  The sourness morphed from tart fruit, some lemon and then into a nice dry finish. I would call it exceptional.  Goddamnit.  I can't possibly put this in my potential top 25, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment