Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beer 36: Hill Farmstead George or Damn You, Sinuses, Damn You Straight to Hell

Much to my chagrin, I woke up with a headache to end all headaches on Saturday.  I'm assuming it was of the sinus variety as I could barely pick my head up off the pillow without my eyeballs threatening to pop out of my head or my teeth attempting to set off on their own.  Me and pain don't mix well.  So last night at around 10:30 p.m., my dream/nightmare came true.  ?uestlove was indeed the mystery DJ at the exhibit opening that I decided I could not rally for.  As he was taking the stage, I was in my pajamas near tears in tears.

Somehow I actually felt better about things in the morning when I woke up with the same sinus headache on Sunday morning.  Who knew feeling so bad could make me feel so much better.  But a bunch of Advil and a giant cup of coffee later, I finally kicked that damn headache.  But I've definitely delayed my efforts to be more daring in 2012.  Rats.

Anyway...on to the the beer.  Today's beer is Hill Farmstead's George.  Funny thing about Hill Farmstead is that they name all their beers after family members.  George was the brewers' grandfather's brother.  Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to George and his 13 siblings.  George of the beer variety is an American Brown Ale.  But George didn't exactly present as a brown ale.  It was very stout-like.  It poured with a thick tan head.  It smelled sweet with some fruit and hops.  The taste was complex -- I swear I tasted tea, roasted malt, and it drank much thicker than the milk stouts from earlier in the week.  It was lightly carbonated and finished with a hopped bitterness.

I would love to try more beer from Hill Farmstead, but unfortunately most everything that was on tap at Teresa's Next Door (Wayne, PA) had kicked by the time I got there.  I realize I don't have photographic evidence of Hill Farmstead's George, so instead I leave you with a great photobomb:

Tailgreat 2011
Happy three day weekend, folks!  There is definitely more beer here with my name on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment