Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beer #26: Long Trail Centennial Red or When Will I Learn

I'm feeling kind of random today.  Tonight you get a sampling of a few of the thoughts that bounced through my head today.

1.  There is a field alongside I-76 westbound where one of the local townships collects and mulches leaves for its citizens.  This time of year they collect old Christmas trees and recycle them.  So for the next couple of weeks, every time I drive by I'll be assuaged by a fresh pine scent.  And that's kind of nice.

2.  I had a conversation today that included the sentence, "Oh, I hope you can't smell our bucket of hearts."  I also learned a lot about Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches.  I love my job.

3.  I would love to quit my job and be a full-time event planner.  (Yes, the same job that I just declared my love for in Item 2.)  I think I have the chops to make a go of it but I would also like to continue making the salary that I do and that's most likely not going to happen right off the bat.  And as Gary will attest, I like to shop.


4.  If I ever have to perform a dance routine, it will undoubtedly be to The Pretenders Brass in Pocket.




***

Long Trail's Centennial Red.  Gary bought this beer. He came home all excited about it and I did it anyway...I opened the beer tonight and called it my own. Luckily it was a 750ml bottle and I was sharing.  Plus I cut my losses after half the glass and Gary got most of the beer after all.

The Centennial Red was a beautiful auburn hue in my glass.  A good swirl released the scent of hops and that was the beginning of the end for me.  It tasted woody...a bit bitter but with sweetness.  I'm kind of bummed that this was the Long Trail beer that I selected for the blog because I like a number of their other beers:  Blackberry Wheat, Long Trail Ale, Pollenator.

Sidebar: iPod has been rocking Seu Jorge lately. You may have heard of Seu Jorge from the soundtrack of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou -- a great but strange Wes Anderson film. Or not. You should rectify that situation because he covers all the classic David Bowie songs in PORTUGUESE!!! Google them both...I promise you won't be disappointed. How could you with Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe and Cate Blanchett in the same cast and the covers of one of the greatest musical artists of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment